John Lowe, or Johnny Lowebow as he is more popularly known, is one of the pioneers of the cigar box guitar and handmade/homemade music movement. He has been at it for decades, building his signature "Lowebow" instruments (that have been owned and played on stage by a whole cast of well-known musicians), and honing his unmistakable One Man Band style.
This vinyl record album is his most recent release, and it contains 12 tracks of pure Johnny Lowebow goodness. This is not your white bread Eric Clapton cleaned up 5th Avenue blues for the masses. This is rowdy, raucous, dark and gritty, yanked up by the roots kind of blues.
- 251 Mule Team Blues (3:30)
- Black Snake (3:23)
- I'm A One Man Band (2:47)
- Honey Down the Interstate (3:34)
- Haunted Tug Boat (4:01)
- Trailer Park in Mars (3:42)
- Love is Like a Goodwill store (3:02)
- I Was a Fool (2:58)
- The Place I Was Born (Is Now a Prison) (2:42)
- Hot Water Corn Bread (4:52)
- Exiles (2:29)
- Stones (3:27)