Premium Exotic Hardwood Cigar Box Guitar Neck - Zebrawood with Gold Frets
This premium cigar box guitar neck is one of C. B. Gitty's special limited edition necks, feature top-of-the-line exotic hardwoods and great features.The dimensions of this neck are 1 1/2" wide x 3/4" thick x 36" long. If you have been looking for a very special neck for your premium cigar box guitar build, then look no further!
Due to variations in wood, each of the necks will be different in terms of exact grain, coloration and other details, but we guarantee that each neck we send out will be of the same high quality for cigar box guitar usage. Please note that some exotic hardwoods such as Zebrawood may have certain grain features such as small voids, occlusions and similar. This is the nature of exotic hardwoods and while we will cull out any excessive flaws, these necks may exhibit some of these natural features
Neck Material: Solid Exotic Zebrawood
Headstock: Scarf-jointed, extended, shaped and pre-thinned, ready for tuner installation,
Frets: Fully Fretted to 25-inch scale with premium Jescar Gold EVO fret wire
Info About our CBG Necks:
- Fretted and slotted necks are based on a 25 inch scale length. This means that the intended distance from the NUT to the BRIDGE on the instrument should end up as exactly 25 inches. There are many other scale lengths used on various instruments, but we chose 25" as a nice middle-of-the-road standard.
- Scarf jointed necks such as ours will show different grain patterns on the headstock. We cut our scarf joints so that the visible portion of the joint is halfway up the headstock, instead of on the neck. This means that there will be two noticably different grain patterns on the headstock. This is just the nature of gluing pieces of wood together to form a larger whole.
- Exact look will vary from neck to neck. We are dealing with natural wood here, which can vary fairly widely in terms of coloration, grain and occlusions across various species. We do our best to select nice-looking necks, often with interesting grain/occlusion features, but we never ship out a neck that we wouldn't be happy to use on one of our own guitars.
- The neck may have a bit of back-bow. We do not use boards with heavy bowing, but we do use boards with some light bowing. When we do, we make sure to always cut the headstock such that the headstock is bowed back instead of forward. This can actually be a good feature, since once the strings are on and tuned to pitch, the neck will be more resilient to the string tension. Some master guitar makers such as the Martin factory have been known to build necks with some built-in back bow, for this very reason.
- You may need to cut the neck down a bit to match your guitar. We keep the necks a bit longer than is generally used, to make them more versatile. Feel free to cut some off of the bottom to help meet your needs.
- We do not pre-drill tuner holes or pre-cut box recesses. These are neck "blanks" that will need to be milled/drilled to meet the needs of your instrument.