2 sq. ft. Thin Woods Pack - Choose Wood Type and Thickness
This is a pack of beautiful, thin wood panels, perfect for use in cigar box guitar building, woodworking and other crafts. We source these panels from big wholesale mill here in the United States, and we hand-select the best pieces to make available to you. Use these for fretboards, make nuts, bridges or sound-hole covers, or even build your own boxes from scratch.
All panels will be 24 inches in length, and when placed side by side all panels will add up to at least 12 inches wide (usually a bit over). In other words, 2 feet long by 1 foot wide = 2 square feet total of wood. Usually this will be made up by two panels, in some rare cases there may be three. The thickness of the panels should be within 1/32" (0.03125 inches) of the thickness you select. Please note that some listing photos show four total panels to give an idea of the range of grain variations and other features.
Be aware of the following facts about these panels before ordering:
- Panel width will be at least 4 inches wide and at max 9 inches wide, with most pieces being in the 5 to 6-inch range.
- We do our best to select the best, straightest pieces. As is the nature with thin-cut woods, however, there may be slight bowing or warping of individual pieces.
- There may be minor blemishes on one side of any particular panel. Planing marks, minor checking, etc.
- Grain style and colorations will vary, sometimes widely, from species to species and piece to piece.
- Exact thicknesses may vary slightly across the width of a panel.
- Wood is a natural substance, which responds to changes in its environment. These panels are all kiln-dried, but you may still see changes based on relative humidity, temperature and other factors.