1960's Teisco-style Gold Vibrato Tailpiece
LET'S BRING WHAMMY BARS TO CIGAR BOX GUITARS!
Classic 1960's Teisco-style vibrato tailpiece with extra long trem arm. This is the vibrato design that was Japan's answer to the Bigsby back in the 1960's. It's got the sweet, wavy vibrato action (less choppy than a Strat tremolo), giving surf guitar and other retro tones.
- Scintillating gold design
- Perfect for solidbody guitars.
- Outstanding for cigar box guitars that utilize thru-neck design or thick-topped soundboards.
This tailpiece is meant for 6 string, solid-body instruments, but you can adapt it for use on 3 and 4 string solid-body instruments with a little ingenuity. Be aware that some bracing will be needed in order to support the tension this tailpiece will place on your instrument.
In order for the strings to have proper tension going from the vibrato and passing over the bridge, the top of the fretboard should be situated at least 1/2" above the body (soundboard) of the instrument. This will keep the action low and playable. This instrument part needs a bridge with the height to angle the strings correctly.
An example would be a bridge like the ones we sell here on our store.
This item is also available in Chrome.
Includes 5 matching mounting screws and tension spring.
- Height (Without bar): 3 inches
- Width (without bar): 3 1/2"
- Bar Length: 7 3/4"
- Total height (With bar fully extended): 9 1/2"
- String Spacing: 10mm (roughly 3/8")