"Lone Star" 3-string Cigar Box Guitar Tailpiece - TITANIUM
Part of our new TITANIUM series, these beautiful and ruggedly durable premium cigar box guitar parts are sure to stand the test of time!
These tailpieces were designed specifically for use on 3-string Cigar Box Guitars. Based on a design by craftsman and innovator Mike "Old Lowe" Lowe (see more info below), these tailpieces feature 3 evenly spaced string holes and pre-formed mounting screw holes, making them even easier to make use of on a 3-string cigar box guitar. Just bend to the desired angle, put in 3 screws and you're on your way (see installation example photos for an idea of how to do this).
These tailpieces are 4" in height/length, and 2" wide, and almost always need to be bent to install. They are designed to work with ball-end strings, and mounting screws are included.
- 3 evenly spaced string holes easily accommodate ball-end guitar strings up to .056"
- 3 mounting holes in base allow easy mounting to back edge of cigar box
- Matching screws included
- Just install and bend to your desired angle over the box top
- Cut from .040" TITANIUM sheet and comes with the natural sheet factory finish (may have slight discolorations/scuffs that can be buffed off if desired).
- Titanium has a slightly more yellowish luster than stainless steel and requires a bit more force to bend into shape. Titanium is also lighter and harder than stainless steel, but can still be buffed with sandpaper or polished. Use fine-grit sandpaper for a matte finish, or polish up to a mirror shine if desired
For more information on Old Lowe's tailpieces, which these are based on, check out his CigarBoxNation.com profile here: http://www.cigarboxnation.com/profile/OldLowe