"WickedBucker" Surface-Mount Humbucker DIY Pickup Harness Wiring Kit - choose your color!
Choose your color, grab your soldering iron and let's get wiring!
This DIY wiring kit contains all of the parts and know-how you need to solder up a full cigar box guitar pickup harness using one of our extremely popular "WickedBucker" surface-mount humbucker pickups! These pickups are hand-wound in the USA by Marty Tauber, and are based on the "FlatPup" design invented by Elmar Zeilhofer and produced by Dan Sleep.
These kits do require a bit of soldering skill to assemble, which the 10-page how-to guide (written by Glenn Watt) walks you through with plentiful photos and instructional text.
Do not try to remove the clear tape that covers the pickup, as this will pull off the tiny wire windings and probably ruin it.
Impedance: ~2.87 kOHM
Width: 2 1/4"
Height: 1 7/8"
Here is the list of what is included in this kit:
- One WickedBucker Pickup (finish color may be Brushed Aluminum, Bright Copper or Burnished Brass black depending on what you choose)
- Two 250k potentiometers (pots) with washers and nuts*
- One ¼-inch jack with washer and nut
- One .047µF capacitor*
- Two Black Chickenhead knobs
- One 20-inch lead (gray insulated cable with two wires inside)
- One 12-inch grounding lead (black insulated single wire, not shown)
- One 10-page photo-illustrated how-to guide
* A note about potentiometer and capacitor choice: this is what we use on the harnesses we wire in-house. We use these because in our testing, we have found them to work well with cigar box guitars. You may have strong feelings about using other values, and that is OK, and you can certainly pick out the combination you want for your own custom kit from our other separate parts listings.