Tin Can Microphone Kit - build your own old-time mic!
Build your own real working microphone! Sounds like a vintage AM radio - perfect for vocals and harmonica. These simple kits are great for ages 12+ and deliver an incredible sound.
- No soldering needed
- Featuring our special system of "tuning balls" that enable you to adjust the tonal quality of the mic.
- Includes decorative sticker made to look like a mesh screen, to put on the top of your mic to give it that old-time look. (No actual screen/mesh is needed - the can top serves as the vibrating membrane for this microphone).
- Plugs into a guitar amp or PA system with a quarter inch cable (not included - get one here)
- Developed by Shane Speal and tested on the concert stage and recording studio with his Snake Oil Band.
Tools needed to build this kit:
- Hand drill
- Hot glue gun or tube of super glue.
- Drill bits: 1/16” & 3/8” bits.
- Adjustable wrench