Vintage-style Chrome Lipstick-Tube Single-Coil Pickup
This is a cool vintage-style chrome "lipstick tube" pickup, with mounting hardware. Please see the photo with the ruler for an idea of its length and overall size. These distinctive pickups really stand out and give a cool retro look to your special build! These are rated at an impedance of 4.73KOhm by the manufacturer.
These are higher-quality pickups from a factory we have a long history with, compared to what you might find for cheaper from other suppliers.
The dimensions of these pickups are as follows:
- Plate size: 3 13/16" long by 9/16" wide.
- Pickup Cylinder size: 3 1/4" long by 5/8" wide.
- Total Height (Pickup + plate): ~15/16"
- Height of Pickup Cylinder above plate: 5/8"
- Recommended opening size (if using a cover plate): 4" x 13/16"
- Recommended Opening Size (if not using a cover plate): 3 1/4" x 11/16"
PLEASE NOTE: These lipstick tube pickups are in the style of those used by the Danelectro company. They are supplied with springs and wood screws, and are meant to be mounted with the screws going down through the pickup plate, then through the spring, then into the wooden body of an electric guitar. These are not the suspended Telecaster/Strat-style pickups that hang from a pickup plate via a machine screw. Also, the mounting screw holes are spaced wider than those on a standard Telecaster/Strat-style single-coil pickup plate. Please be aware of this before ordering!