Custom-Printed 8.5" x 11" Acoustic Wooden Box Kit - You Supply the Artwork
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
|Buy 5 - 9||and get 10% off|
|Buy 10 - 19||and get 15% off|
|Buy 20 or above||and get 20% off|
Now you can get our popular box kit with a custom-printed top, using artwork (old photos, graphics, etc) that YOU provide! Build a truly unique guitar using these great-sounding wooden boxes!
This is a simple kit for easily constructing a 8.5 x 11" plywood box, perfect for building cigar box guitars and other homemade instruments. We designed this box kit with box/finger joints, an exceedingly strong joint that is commonly used in the construction of cigar boxes. The top and bottom are 1/8" Arctic Birch ply, and the sides are 1/4" natural birch ply. These boxes are a little more involved than some of our other box kits, but the payoff is worth it. The outside dimensions of the box are 8.5" x 11" x 2 1/2" (21.59cm x 27.94cm x 6.35cm). This birch plywood stains, paints and finishes very nicely. Building this box kit is very easy, using included rubber bands for "clamping" the sides while gluing.
This kit is Made in the USA from a combination of U. S.-made and Canadian-made plywood, hand-selected for quality.
*IMPORTANT INFO: PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING!
- If there is a certain way you want your image laid out (portrait/landscape orientation, centered, etc), please let us know in the order notes!
- We offer two different printing methods for these box tops (choose which you want, see listing photos for examples):
- "Vivigraphic" Method: this is a full-color, photo-resolution printing process using UV-cured inks that will give a precise reproduction of your image (with wood grain showing through any white areas). This is better for high-resolution graphics, artwork and photos.
- Rustic Ink Transfer Method: this utilizes an ink transfer process, which results in a more diffused, rustic-looking print - this printing method is done by hand, and each piece will have unique grain patterns, textures, weathering/aging characteristics and color tone qualities. This is better for lower-resolution images and photos (the diffusion of the ink helps blend away pixelation), or for anything you want to have a more rustic/primitive look.
- We cannot print or reproduce trademarked or copyrighted images! Please only submit photos, artwork or graphics that you fully own the rights to, or that are in the public domain.
- Please find the highest resolution digital version of your graphics that you can, and if possible upload them as part of your order. Otherwise e-mail us the graphics after placing your order at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We cannot scan physical photographs or other items or you, but your local Staples print and copy center probably can. For old photos, you may be able to take a picture with your phone and send that, just be sure it is as good of a picture as you can take, in good lighting but without glare, directly top-down.
- These boxes are rectangular, 11 inches wide by 8.5 inches tall. If you submit artwork that is square in shape, we will have to either crop or pad it to fit. Please include any cropping or padding instructions in the order notes.
- Production Time on orders of these custom guitars will be 3-5 days from when we get final artwork approval from you.
- We can also offer quantity discounts on these for Weddings, Corporate Branding and other multi-unit orders! Contact us at email@example.com for pricing.
- Please note: this is a laser-cut product. One side of the cut panels will have some darkening/staining left over from the cutting process. These spots can be sanded off if desired, or simply kept on the inside of the box, so they are not visible. Some sanding is recommended to smooth over edges. Glue is not supplied with this kit, nor is sandpaper. This style of box is not designed to be hinged/openable, due to the thinness of the top panel. The top is intended to be glued in place during construction of a musical instrument or other project. Screwing the parts together should not be necessary, and no pre-cut/drilled holes are included in the pieces. The pieces may have some slight warp to them, but once the box is assembled and glued together, care should be taken to ensure that there is no significant warpage to any key parts. Some additional interior bracing may be necessary to utilize this box as the body of a stringed instrument.
- If you order just the printed top panel, we will send you just the printed 8.5 x 11-inch 1/8" piece without the rest of the box kit.
- If you choose the "Add F-Hole Sound Holes" option, we will print on a box top that has Stradivarius-style F-holes pre-cut into it (see example photo below). Please note that this may affect how your image appears on the lid.