The "Delta Driver" Dual-Speaker, Dual-Input Cigar Box Amplifier - for MP3/Smartphones and/or Guitar!
These cigar box amplifiers are hand-crafted in the U.S.A. in C. B. Gitty's workshop. Their heart is an Artec SDA-T 2.5W amp board, which is powered by a 9V battery. The amp accepts a standard 1/4" mono guitar chord as input, and output is through a 3" 4W speaker. A red LED power indicator is included to help prevent accidental battery drain. These amplifiers put out a very respectable sound, and in our opinion are much superior to the smaller half-watt and one-watt amps!
The dimensions of this amp are (roughly): 7 1/2" wide x 8 5/8" high x 4 1/4" deep (including hardware). They are built from nice big solid hardwood "Acid" brand cigar boxes (Kuba Kuba size) - these are some of the nicest, most beautiful and well-made wooden cigar boxes available today.
This amp is one of C. B. Gitty's "Short Run" models, where a limited number of amps are built to a specific design. Each of these production models is designed and built by hand in our own New Hampshire workshop, so you know you are getting a great item!
C. B. Gitty selects the nicest, most suitable smaller cigar boxes as his amp cases, and then dresses them up with all sorts of great features, such as those seen on this amp:
· Stylish, distinctive all-wood cigar box with custom laser engraving
· Dual inputs for both 3.5mm (smart phone/MP3 player) and 1/4" for standard guitar cords
· Black mesh speaker grills
· Panel-mount tone/gain control with vintage-style gold knobs with red agate-top tops
· Externally accessible battery tray holder
· Brass-plated Carrying Handle and Antique Brass Corners
· Protective rubber feet