C. B. Gitty
"Southbound Katy" Guitar Amplifier & Power Speaker for Phones
"She caught the Katy, and left me a mule to ride..."
So began one of Taj Mahal's most famous songs, which went on to be featured in the opening scene of the classic movie The Blues Brothers. This cigar box amplifier is emblazoned with vintage postcard imagery of the legendary "Katy Limited" train.
These great little amps are hand-crafted in the U.S.A. in C. B. Gitty's workshop. Their heart is an Artec SDA-T 2.5W amp board, which is powered by a 9V battery. The amp accepts a standard 1/4" mono guitar/amp cord as input, and output is through a 3.5" 4W speaker. A red LED power indicator is included to help prevent accidental battery drain. These little amps put out a very respectable sound (especially with the gain cranked all the way up), and in our opinion are much superior to the smaller half-watt and one-watt amps!
This amp is made with one of our DIY Wooden Box Kits and is fitted with artwork printed in full color on special weatherproof polyester film, and is adhered to the box with a permanent, weather-proof adhesive. The dimensions of the amplifier are 6 1/8" x 7. 3/8" x 3 1/4".
Here's a demo video to show you what our little amps can do. This is not the exact amp listed here, but the sound and volume level is a good representative of all of our amps built on this 2.5W board:
Specifications and Features:
· Beautiful Artwork featuring the "Katy Limited" - this is the same "Katy" as in Taj Mahal's famous blues song "She Caught the Katy".
· Gold 3.5mm Input jack allows you to plug in your smartphone! (Cable not included)
· Decorative Black carry handle
· Chrome input jack (guitar), gold input jack (3.5mm MP3/phone)
· Top-hat Style volume and tone/gain knobs
· Externally-Accessible 9V Battery Tray - no need to open the box!
· Power indicator red LED in black plastic bezel