Trace consistent, professional-looking F-holes onto your homemade instruments. Then store them away for easy future access in a 3-ring binder! Each sheet is just $7.99, or buy the full set of 16 for $99.99!
The idea of a sound hole extends almost as far back as the stringed instrument itself. F-holes are a traditional sound hole design that has been used in stringed instruments throughout history, most often on Violins, lutes and more.
In our expanding efforts to offer affordable tools and templates, we've upgraded and separated our sound hole templates into 16 separate sheets! You can now choose exactly the design of sound hole you'd like, and have them in a range of useful sizes selected specifically for homemade instruments. Each sheet contains eight different sizes of a distinct, eye catching f-hole design that will add a beautiful aesthetic appeal to your next build! Laser-cut out of a thin (0.02-inch) clear flexible plastic sheet, they are perfect for use in instrument building.
The designs included in this series are:
- Traditional-style elegant F-hole
- Renaissance-style F-hole (sometimes called a "C-hole" because it looks more like a C than an F) -
- Stradivarius - a reproduction of the actual shape of the sound holes used by Stradivarius on his violins in the 17th century
- Lover's Heart - a fanciful pseudo-F-hole design that incorporates a heart shape
- Mountain Tenor - A unique spin on f-holes designed like wings for our Mountain Tenor kit.
- Musical Notation - Designs based on traditional sheet music characters - Treble Clef, Eighth Note
- Additional original designs by Ben "Gitty" Baker inspired by traditional f-holes
Please Note: While this thin plastic sheet is much more resistant to breaking than our previous-generation templates, they can still be broken. Take care not to over-flex the pieces or catch the smaller edges of some of the templates, to help reduce the possibility of breakage. 3-ring binder shown for demonstration purposes and is not included.