The Lil' Bitty One-string Cigar Box Guitar Kit - Fun & Easy to Build & Play!
It's alright to build a Lil' Bitty!
If you have ever thought about building yourself a cigar box guitar, but have been worried it would be too difficult for you, this is the kit for you! The Lil' Bitty kit was designed with first-timers in mind, as an easy and inexpensive way to get started building. Featuring a ready-to-use fretted hardwood neck, a real cigar box, quality hardware and detailed instructions, you'll be picking away on your new instrument in no time.
What makes the Lil' Bitty kit so special?
- How-to instructions present both the basic "easy" method for assembly, as well as a more advanced method for those who like a challenge.
- Only takes an hour or so to build (basic method), with only simple woodworking tools required.
- The hardwood necks are made here in our New Hampshire workshop. They feature diatonic/dulcimer-style frets which make the instrument super easy to play.
- The Lil' Bitty is a one-string cigar box guitar (which could also be called a diddley bow or one-string dulcimer) - it only takes one string to make it sing!
- A great first step on your homemade instrument building journey.
- Makes a great gift for your favorite DIY-minded friends and loved ones.
- A perfect project to do with kids!
- How-to-Play lesson and starter songbook included in how-to guide.
- Backed by the world-famous C. B. Gitty customer service guarantee.
Please note: the cigar boxes provided with these kits vary widely in size, shape and style. Some of the cigar boxes provided with this kit may only be suitable for the basic method (neck on top) of building this instrument. Some additional hardware, not provided in this kit, may be necessary to construct it using the advanced method.