- Books, Posters, Music & Media
- Homemade Instrument Fretting Handbook by Ben "Gitty" Baker - Complete Cigar Box Guitar Fretting How-to Guide
Homemade Instrument Fretting Handbook by Ben "Gitty" Baker - Complete Cigar Box Guitar Fretting How-to Guide
In this 159-page book, Ben "Gitty" Baker teaches his methods for installing frets on cigar box guitars and other homemade instruments. Over the past 10 years thousands of necks, fretboards and instruments have been fretted in the C. B. Gitty workshop, and Ben draws on that experience to teach you the best and simplest methods for getting started with your own fret work.
Methods for both basic and more specialized tools are give, with dozens of photos and diagrams to illustrate the process. Ben also shares handy reference information on measurement coversions, scale lengths and fret wire sizes, as well as background information about historic fretting methods, the history of the homemade music movement, and the history of C. B. Gitty.
This is a professionally bound, printed-in-the-USA book that is a must-have addition to any homemade instrument builder's library.
- Homemade Instrument History
- Historical Fretting Methods Overview
- Fretting-Related Terms & Concepts
- In-Depth Discussion of Fretting Tools
- (Including Information on Basic and DIY tools)
- Complete Step-by-Step Fretting Method
- Troubleshooting Tips and Techniques
- References and Resources for Further Reading