The GittyBucker Flat-Mount Cigar Box Guitar Humbucker - Made in the USA!
Proudly presenting the classic version of the EASIEST top-mounted cigar box guitar pickup! No routing. No cutting. Just attach to the top of your cigar box guitar. The humbucker design makes it quieter than single coil pickups.
- Dimensions: 1.75 in. x 1.75 in. x ~ 0.125 in. (43mm x 43mm x 3.5mm)
- Impedance: ~2.40 KOhms
- Each pickup is sealed with a sturdy cellophane casing for the best protection of the copper wires.
- Precision wound & tested to ensure the highest possible consistency and quality
- Proudly MADE IN THE USA, right here in Gonic, New Hampshire, in the C. B. Gitty workshop
We now wind these versatile pickups in-house here at Gitty Headquarters in Gonic, New Hampshire. They are a continuation of the popular line of GittyBucker and WickedBucker pickups, created by Marty Tauber, and carry forward a legacy of design used by cigar box guitar legend Dan Sleep and first created by cigar box guitarist/inventor, Elmar Zeilhofer. Marty Tauber helped us build the winding machine and trained the Gitty crew on his methods for winding these pickups, and we are proud to carry on his work.
Add a convenient mounting ring/cover and screw this pickup directly to the soundboard of your instrument with no cutting or other modifications needed. The covers are laser-cut from night light Baltic birch plywood, and when installed stand just 0.20 inches high.
Basic usage info:
- The bar magnet should be perpendicular to the strings (run under them cross-ways), not in parallel with them. Should be mounted so that the magnet is facing up, and branding label facing down.
- The red wire is positive. The black is ground.
- Try to keep the pickup top around 1/4-inch to ⅜-inch from the strings (closer=louder/hotter, further=quieter).
- The copper wires can be fragile. Take care when installing to avoid pulling or damaging of the copper windings or installation wires.
- For top mounting, we recommend the added protection of our Gittybucker Pickup Covers made from birch wood (Now available in several materials):
We feel legacy is very important with products such as these - so we are proud to say that these GittyBucker pickups are made in full cooperation with Marty Tauber and with the full approval of the original inventor Elmar Zeilhofer, and in memory of Dan Sleep. Note: Elmar still hand-crafts his Original Flatpups in Austria where he lives - you can learn more about them on his site FlatPup.com.