"French Quarter" Illustrated 3-string Cigar Box Guitar - Beautiful Design, Rich Tone, a Joy to Play
We also include a bonus "Player's Pack" with every guitar, which includes a 60-page songbook with how-to-play lessons, a chord poster, guitar picks & More!
This beautiful piece is one of our line of "illustrated" guitars, designed to capture the essence of fundamental, no-frills stringed instrument crafting. To the sturdy, no-frills frame (tone-rich wooden cigar box, hardwood neck & fretboard, solid tried-and-true hardware), we add a beautiful, full-color piece of artwork, uniquely vivifying the instrument and drawing the eye of all who see it.
The box (body) of the guitar is printed using our "Vivigraphic" Method: a full-color, photo-resolution printing process using highly durable UV-cured inks, allowing for a precise reproduction of the image (with wood grain showing through any white areas). The image is printed directly onto the box's top panel using very durable, UV-cured inks.
This handcrafted guitar has a full, rich acoustic tone (and a built-in contact pickup, if you want to amplify it), a nice high ringing treble voice, and is simply a joy to play. Best of all is the affordable price on this hand-crafted-in-the-USA piece of musical art. These are built from new, unbranded wooden cigar boxes, which have never held cigars and have no connection to the tobacco industry.
- Illustration/Design: "French Quarter" (an original design by Ben "Gitty" Baker, featuring a historic map of New Orleans' French Quarter, along with a representation of a New Orleans street sign, and the masthead graphic from another historic map)
- Number of Strings: 3
- Tuning: Open G "GDG" (high treble folk/country variety)
- Scale Length: 23 inches (Tenor guitar)
- Fretting Style: Chromatic
- Pickup Style: Contact (piezo) direct-wired to Jack
- Neck and Fretboard: Hardwood (Poplar)