GittyBucker Load-n-Go - pre-wired surface-mount humbucker harness- No Soldering Required!
Now it's even easier to drop one of our famous GittyBucker surface-mount pickups into your next build, because we've done all the wiring for you! Thes pre-wired harnesses are by far the easiest magnetic pickup to install out there. No routing. No wiring. Just drill some holes, mount the pickup, and you're done! To make it even easier, add on one of our mounting ring/cover systems and it truly is a no-brainer!
This harness features "bullet" style press-fit connectors, which means that this is is a fully NO-SOLDER wiring option! Just drill a small hole under where the pickup will go for the wires, and drill holes to mount the pots and jack, and you'll be good to go!
If you could say one thing about the creative team at Gitty, say that they're always thinking. Here we've taken one of our popular GittyBucker surface-mount humbucker pickups, and turned it into an easy-to use pre-wired harness! These pickups are hand-wound in the USA using Marty Tauber's design, which was based on the "FlatPup" design invented by Elmar Zeilhofer and produced by Dan Sleep. We do all of the wiring for this harness right here in the C. B. Gitty workshops using top-quality Bourns pots and Neutrik jacks.
NOTE: Do not try to remove the GittyBucker label on the pickup, as this will pull off the tiny wire windings and probably ruin it.
Impedance: ~3.87 kOHM
Width: 2 1/4"
Height: 1 7/8"
Here is the list of what is prewired to this pickup:
- One GittyBucker Pickup
- One 250k Volume potentiometer (pot)
- One 500k Tone potentiometer (pot) with .047µF capacitor
- One ¼-inch jack with washer and nut
- OPTIONAL ADD-ON: Mounting Ring/Cover system
* A note about potentiometer and capacitor choice: this is what we use on the harnesses we wire in-house. We use these because in our testing, we have found them to work well with cigar box guitars. You may have strong feelings about using other values, and that is OK, and you can certainly pick out the combination you want for creating your own custom harness from our other separate parts listings.